Guernsey's new waste management regime started this week and many households will be starting to get used to the new system. Below is a handy guide for the Vale to this week's and the next three collections.
Full details of the changes can be found here
In the meantime, here's a reminder of what goes into the various bags and containers:
- Food waste - in the sealable, kerbside caddy provided.
- Clear Bag - Paper and cardboard
- Blue Bag - Tins and cans; plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays; foil; and milk and juice cartons
- Glass bag (reusable) - bottle and jars, any colour. No Pyrex dishes or drinking glasses, but those items can be taken to the recycling facility at Longue Hougue.
- General refuse - black bags etc.